2023 Annual Report to the Membership
It’s hard to believe we are looking at the finish line for 2023!
Back in January, the Board embraced a couple key themes for the year: reconnection and re-invention and made a commitment to focus on member experience and open, timely communication. We wanted to surprise and delight you, while also testing the waters in a return to in-person experiences. We hope we’ve done that.
Our biggest accomplishment in 2023 was shifting to a hybrid bi-monthly program to accommodate both in-person and remote attendees. We’re thrilled we were able to do this thanks to the magic of technology and the space provided by Goodwill Industries. We continue to work together to increase our skills in hybrid engagement.
We also saw a return to a full schedule of in-person social events and, now, end our year with an in-person GOOD Doing Good event on December 8th. In other words, we’re back, baby! Our Communities of Practice and Mentoring cohort continue online, at the preference of those involved, and on average have high engagement.
I’m thrilled to share that our membership grew in 2023 by nearly 50 members! I hope you’ve already renewed for 2024 so you can take advantage of:
- 6 bi-monthly learning sessions a year featuring thought leaders and practitioners in areas such as Org Development; Org Effectiveness; Change Management; Talent or Learning & Development, including an opportunity to present at our annual Best Practices session.
- 20+ meetings per year offered by our Communities of Practice, with content curated by members.
- Mentoring program with opportunity to serve as a mentor, a protege or both.
- Access to a network of over 200 professionals involved in Organization Development, as both internal leaders and external consultants, who are potential thought partners, strategic alliances, project or program resources.
- Direct connection to job opportunities in the field or referrals to decision makers, through meeting announcements, job board and informal outreach.
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills and give back to our profession through involvement on the Board, Leadership Team or committees.
I’ve always found GOOD to be an incredible value and I trust you do too. We appreciate your taking a few minutes to respond to our member survey, if you haven’t already. This feedback is crucial to our 2024 planning process. We were able to apply many of your suggestions this year and look forward to doing so again next year.
Many thanks to our Board, Leadership Team and many volunteers. As a member-run organization, none of this happens without you.
To all members, thank you for another year of growing and learning together. See you in 2024!